Expansion strips are mounted in concrete floor plates to compensate movements in plate sections. Concrete plates are exposed to internal and external pressures. Damage occurs mainly at the edges of plates near to connections. Connection of floor plates should compensate their mutual horizontal movements (perpendicular and parallel to the expansion joint) which are usually caused by thermal expansion and shrinkage of concrete. At the same time the connection must also block vertical movements and mutual curving of floor elements which is a consequence of traffic, heavy loads and uneven passive earth pressure.
Conecto Dowel expansion joints allow for a movement between floor plates:
- dowel size 180x120x8mm ±15mm parallel and ±20mm perpendicular
- dowel size 180x140x10mm ±20mm parallel and ±30mm perpendicular
Conecto Dowel expansion joints ensure an even distribution of the loads between floor plates by preventing excessive local tensions. Expansion profiles help to eliminate the main reason behind uncontrolled floor cracking, they make the floor last longer and improve use comfort.
The number of expansion joints should allow to divide the floor into regular fields, with a shape similar to a square of up to 1000m2, which constitutes a daily flooring efficiency. Profiles should be spaced at a distance not greater than 45-45m. The system is complete, easy to install and ready for application, all you should do is place the profiles at the installation site and join them without wrenches, using screws with wing nuts provided in the package
- Possibility to use flat bars size 6x40mm or 8x40mm
- Possibility to prepare top joint from galvanized steel or stainless steel
- Very big surface of steel dowel
- Standard space between dowels 600mm (5D)
- Possibility to use more dowels per one joint (6D, 7D) to increase max loads on floor
- Standard grade steel S355
- Nylon screws M10 providing possibility of separation and work between floor fields
- Plastic cover made of highly resistant ABS plastic
Technical data sheets
Conecto Sp. z o.o.
62-834 Ceków Kolonia
Have any questions?
+48 882 180 182
+48 62 76 329 46